Companies that have been around long enough know that a competent lawyer is worth their weight in gold. With an attorney on your side, you’ll maximize your company for success, sidestep potential problems, and resolve legal matters more efficiently should they arise. This is true for both new and established companies.
Sound Legal Guidance for the Entrepreneur
You can find plenty of sites online that offer free or cheap forms to help you start your business. What you won’t find is advice tailored to your unique situation. You know the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”? Nowhere is that more true than in business. Getting advice early on from an attorney with a practice in California can save you time, money, and headaches down the road.
One big issue entrepreneurs face at the start is what to register their company as. There are several choices:
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited liability company
Each entity has distinct advantages, disadvantages, and responsibilities. Some entities are easier to set up than others, while others offer more legal and fiscal protections. Attorney Eric J. Gold can advise you on which is the best for you and your business. He can also advise you on the state and local laws pertaining to your business, as well as best practices for hiring new employees. Contact our offices to arrange a consultation to discuss your new business. We’ll make sure you’re on the right track. Call or fill out our contact form today.
Day-to-Day Advice for the Established Business
Beyond that, they can use the skills of a capable attorney nearly on a daily basis. If you’re in business, Eric J. Gold can:
- Keep you out of trouble. Follow local, state and federal laws applicable to your business to avoid penalties and lawsuits. Why wait until you’re sued to talk to an attorney? Seek legal counsel early and you’re far less likely to face litigation.
- Draft contracts for you to use. Standard contracts exist in many industries, but they should still be written for your company’s particular needs. Mr. Gold can draft a contract giving you and your company the protection and benefits you want.
- Revise and advise on contracts for you to sign. You probably know not to sign any contract without first having an attorney look it over. A lawyer on your side can point out areas that can be rewritten or removed entirely to your benefit.
- Help grow your company. As your business grows, you’ll face new challenges and responsibilities. Maybe you’re planning on more employees, expanding or moving locations, or changing the structure of your business altogether. In these situations you’ll need legal advice.
Eric J. Gold wants to be your attorney and help your business not just survive, but thrive. Contact his law offices today by calling or using the contact form.